Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Aching Eyes

Wow. I spent the morning at the computer processing images from yesterday's shoot. We photographed more bubbly objects. We try pretty hard to make sure that we get the photograph right in the camera. We'll spend weeks working out a perfect lighting setup - and then a few hours shooting a series of images. It's all about figuring out what the light is going to do and making it work for us.

If we are successful, I shouldn't have to do much processing afterwards. But the fact is, I love PhotoShop. And I've been working with it for thirteen years. So, I'm willing to spend some times working on projects that appeal to me. One of my favorites is a series of images I created a few months ago. I photographed children with a variety of facial expressions and then processed the images as high key, black and white portraits. White background, bright highlights, and just a touch of soft detail in their faces. I made sure their eyes stayed bright and true. You can see the final result here (click on the photo for a larger view) - and you can take a look at others in my stock galleries.



I'm pretty happy with the results of that shoot - and I'm having fun with these little bubbles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home