Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Reflecting on Jasper

When the right light and right location come together the results are nothing short of spectacular. While shooting at Beauty Creek we ran into cloud formations that produced some of the most brilliant light display of our trip to Canadian Rockies. I have to give credit to our host Darwin and Samantha for showing us this location. Be sure to check their website (DarwinWigget.com, Chrysalizzphotography) and their blog. Both Darwin and Samantha offer workshops in Canadian Rockies.



To capture this photograph I used a 0.9 Hard Edge GND filter. Because I was shooting looking directly into the sun, even with a 0.9 ND filter I had to bracket my shots. These bracketed shots were combined using our iHDR work flow to bring out the colors and details in both the sky and reflection.

I hope you like the photograph. Please feel free to comment and give me suggestion for improving the photo. Thanks you for stopping by.

-Jay

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home