Thursday, November 29, 2007

SO tired.

I'm dead tired tonight. It's 10:31 pm in Kanab, Utah - which means it's 12:31 am back at home. I got up this morning at 3:30 am. I have been awake for a long time. Too long. In fact, so long that I can't seem to figure out exactly how long.

After a layover in Chicago which turned into a long delay, I arrived at the Las Vegas airport around 11 am, met Jay (who was on a different flight), and got in our big, picachu-colored, SUV rental. We drove to Kanab, stopped for gas, and then drove to Grand Staircase Escalante National Park (following the light). We hoped to capture the sunset, and we did get a few shots. However, since my flight was delayed, we didn't have time to find a good location, so I don't think I have anything worth keeping. We did get an absolutely glorious sunset. The sky turned bright red - and stayed that way for 45 minutes or more. Incredible.

Tomorrow, we'll be up bright and early - headed out to catch the sunrise. And then to Escalante or Paria or Buckskin Gulch or White Pocket... it all depends on the skies.

I am going to bed before I fall over from exhaustion. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home