Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Paria wins "Your Best Shot"

I'm very pleased to announce that my Paria Canyon photograph has taken 1st place in the December "Your Best Shot" contest for Popular Photography Magazine. The next issue will be out in a few weeks time, and my photograph will be featured there. I'm looking forward to seeing the photo in print. It is an older image, but one that I've always loved.

I've also been working on a collection of autumn leaf photos. Rather than focus on the color of the leaves - as beautiful as those colors may be - I've chosen to put the emphasis on texture and detail. Although fresh, Spring leaves are perfect and beautiful, the signs of age you'll find later in the year are sometimes intriguing. Here's a sample shot from this most recent collection. The images are not yet online anywhere else. Maybe I'll post some more here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home