Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rainforest --> Third Beach

We decided to take a detour this morning - rather than going to Ho, we drove through the Quinalt Rain Forest instead. We got a few nice shots - and saw quite a few caribou. Everything is very green right now. Just beautiful.

Afterward, we hiked down to Third Beach. The light was too harsh to shoot, but we wanted to explore the beach and see how close we could get to the base of the waterfall at low tide. We stayed long enough to let the tide run out quite a bit - I think we'll need to come back when the tides are at their lowest... maybe we can get closer then. Waiting on the beach is hardly a chore. :) We both fell asleep for a short time in the sun. What a treat!

We'd like to go out to Second Beach this evening, but we're not likely to get the cloud cover we want. We'll decide in a little while.

Thanks to all of you who left comments on my photo at Fred Miranda. I appreciate your responses!

-Varina

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Varina.

Wow..sounds great to experience these destinations!
I`ve checked on the net and I must admit I envy your trip ;-)

Well, you take care and have a wonderful journey.
Looking forward to see more of your images soon.

Best regards
Seung Kye

May 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

It has been a great trip - I hate to leave, tomorrow! I'm looking forward to getting back to the kids, though. ;) And I can't wait to get some of these images processed!

Have a great day!

May 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home