Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2008 Expose Your World Competition


I'm pleased to announce that one of my photo essays and and the above photo of Horseshoe Bend in Colorado were chosen as finalists in the 2008 Expose Your World Competition. My Following the Light article was chosen as a finalist for the Environmental Photo Essay section, and Meander was chosen in the Single Shot category. It's always fun to enter one of these competitions - though I don't have as much time for it as I'd like. :) Do any of you enter competitions?

In other news - I've signed on as moderator for the new Anonymous Gallery on NaturePhotographers.net. The new gallery was suggested by a member of the site a few weeks ago, and the idea was popular. I offered my services as moderator... I think the site is fantastic, and I'm glad to be able to give something back. I've received many excellent critiques of my work there. The anonymous gallery lets you post photos without revealing your name. I love the concept, and will be posting there regularly. The question is - can you guess which shots are mine? :)

I've been processing some photographs from my trip, and I should have some ready to post before long. Give me a couple more days!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my Popular Photography magazine in the mail today and I was happy to see your full page photo in there. Very nice! Congrats on the 2008 Expose Your World Competition as well.

This year I have decided to try to enter some serious photo contests and I have had the fortune to be named as the landscape winner of the 2008 Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards competition, which I was obviously thrilled about.

I hope you continue to have great success on your publications and awards. I am always happy to see you and Jay succeed.

Daniel

November 14, 2008 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

Wow! That's fantastic, Daniel. Well done! :) I logged on to Nature's Best, but it seems they don't have the 2008 winners posted yet. I'd love to see your photo - is it online somewhere right now?

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Take care!
Varina

November 14, 2008 at 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Varina. I have been told that the photos will be up on the website any day now, and the Fall edition of the magazine should be coming out any day now as well. If you want to see it, it is the photo on the home page of my website.

Daniel
www.EwertNaturePhotography.com

November 15, 2008 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

Wow - what a beautiful photo! I love the soft, golden light. This is a truly rich scene - rocks, water, flowers, mountain, clouds. All the elements combine for a stunning masterpiece. VERY well done! You certainly deserved this win!

Congratulations!
Varina

November 15, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home