Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What Sells?

I wanted to thank Varina for letting me share her blog. At first, I resisted the idea of posting anything on the blog because of lack of good language skills but you have to start somewhere. So here goes...

For my first post, I want to share my thoughts on what sells and what doesn’t. Recently one of my photographs of "The Wave" was published in VIAJES National Geographic Magazine.

Rather then go for the artistic look the editors decide to publish a plain old photograph of "The Wave" taken in bright sun under midday condition. My best guess is that the reason they selected this photograph was they wanted to publish what people would actually see when they got to the location. Another request followed day later from another magazine. This time around, they wanted a photograph of the Old Faithful. They are still reviewing the shot. In future I for one will not hesitate to shoot during midday at tourist hot spots.

-Jay

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home