Tuesday, April 14, 2009

National Geographic Calendar

Jay and I got word this morning that two of our images (one mine, and one Jay's) will be used in next year's National Geographic Engagement Calendar. We're very pleased to have had our images chosen. We're preparing high-res images to send out this evening.

I've been busy packing up and preparing to leave - a day or two in Southern Ohio, and then on to Kentucky. I'm not sure if we'll get any landscape photographs... not likely... but we'll be taking lots of pics of the kids. ;)

-Varina

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jack Johnson said...

Hey, Varina - congrats to you both! Guess I'll have to get a NatGeo calendar next year! :^D

- Jack

April 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

Thanks, Jack. It's been a good year for us. The calendar is the engagement calendar they print each year - not the wall calendar. I just found that out after I posted here. :)

April 14, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger "Scoop" said...

Hey Varina, first congrats to you both! NatGeo is HUGE!

Secondly, i used to travel to Ohio for work and unfortunately, it's not a free to the public on some of the state parks but I've heard that for landscape, you might want to visit Hocking Hills. I went to yellow springs and unlike Utah, they have guard rails on their trails. Heard Hocking Hills is more photogenic though...might try that...it's in southern Ohio near KY. Enjoy your trip! :-)

"Scoop"

April 15, 2009 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

Thanks, Scoop. :)

You're right about Hocking Hills. We've been there several times. It's a truly beautiful park. John Bryan, Clifton Gorge and Glen Helen are gorgeous too - I spent hundreds of hours exploring those parks as a kid. In fact, my brother built a boardwalk to protect the wetland in Glen Helen for his Eagle Project a few years ago. :)

April 15, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yep. You are MY Idols!!!!!
I am REALLY looking forward to the San Jose class!!!!!

April 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

Thanks, Heather! :) I hope our iHDR class exceeds your expectations!

April 15, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home