Friday, March 27, 2009

Ice Cream Land

I want to point you all to the photo of the month for March at Light Harmony. I've been a member of this group for more than a year now. Check out Róbert Štefanka's shot titled Ice Cream Land. If you have time, I recommend taking a look at the work of some of the other Light Harmony photographers, too. Impressive stuff. :)

Being a member of a group like Light Harmony - or in Jay's case, TimeCatcher - has been invaluable... Of course, Light Harmony is better! ;) ...We get feedback from other photographs who's opinions we trust, and we have a circle of friends around the world who can suggest locations and ideas. I recommend joining a photographic community of some kind... there are thousands of sites online. Find out what the requirements are, and start posting photos. But make sure you are giving something back... many sites require that you provide feedback on other people's photos in return for the critiques you receive. Be honest - and generous - with your critiques... it's how we all learn!

I'm guessing that many of you are already members of photographic communities - either on the web or on the ground. Which groups are your favorites?

- Varina

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Varina -

I'm not a member of any of them, but I've greatly enjoyed the work coming out of TimeCatcher, Mountain Trail Photo, and now Light Harmony! ;^D

- Jack

March 27, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

Thanks, Jack! I'll have to check out Mountain Trail Photo... I haven't seen that one!

March 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home