Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Maine.

We drove down to Acadia this morning and decided to spent a little extra time exploring the park. Next time we're in Maine, we'll know exactly where to shoot if we get some nice cloud patterns. It's a beautiful park - especially at this time of year - and we're looking forward to our next trip. We'd like to be able to shoot in the Northeast in Autumn for the next few years. Three our four visits should be a start at capturing some really nice locations under beautiful skies.

We did get lucky this evening. A few clouds gathered over Camden Hills State Park near Penobscot Bay. I got a few shots of the Autumn leaves and then photographed the sunset over the distant mountains. We were lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Maybe next year we'll get some more impressive weather. For now, we're pleased to have been able to explore some of this beautiful state. We have our plans laid out for our next trip - though plans are always subject to adjustment due to changing weather patterns. :)

We'll be out early tomorrow morning to do a bit more exploring before we need to return to the airport. I am looking forward to processing some photos when I'm back at home.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having a good trip. I'm looking forward to seeing those fall colors when you have time to process your photos.

Daniel

October 12, 2008 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

Thanks, Daniel. We had a great trip. We're home now, and I'm about to take a look at these photos on my big monitor for the first time. :)

October 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Varina... I too am excited to see how you guys have been able to capture some of the beauty of my home state. Hope you had a good visit.

October 13, 2008 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger Varina Patel said...

I hope you like what you see, David. I loved Maine, and I can't wait to get started on processing! Maybe you can suggest some more beautiful locations for our next visit. We're always looking for advice!

October 13, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home