Friday, June 6, 2008

Heat Wave

It's hot. 88F (31C) in the shade - and climbing. The house is just as hot. We're expecting higher temperatures this weekend - so we got our long run in yesterday evening. We ran later than usual, and chose a trail along the river to make the most of the "breeze" - not that there was much of one, but heck, it was worth a try. We ran a little over 6.5 miles (10.5K). You know, it's not the heat that gets me... it's the humidity. It was hovering around 84% yesterday, and I would have done better with gills. Still - the day before was even worse, and we ran 4 miles in that. Which was torture. So, who's complaining? :)

Why do I do it? I don't love running. I run because I want to be able to get to places like this...
Or this...

Long trails, high altitudes, extreme weather conditions... I have to be able to handle it. Otherwise, I'd better quit my day job. :) That's what landscape photography is all about. If I can't run 6 miles in a bit of humidity at 600ft, how am I going to get to some of these places?

Right now, though - I wouldn't mind a little bit of this...



Not too much, mind you... this is Cleveland after all. You have to be careful what you wish for.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home